Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting Closer

The time is getting ni! (I think tha’t how you spell it)
Gees I can’t bloody wait to get going, a lot of vans are departing heading south yet others still are setting up. We wish we were on the road so bad we can taste it.
We were having a bit of trouble with the new BBQ burning anything you tried to roast. It seems that the tray is too close to the flame. I sent an e-mail to Marine BBQ’s Australia and a nice gent rang me to say he was very sorry about my problems (or my inability to cook). He sent me ,(at no charge,I might add) a new tray to sit in the bbq to keep the cooking tray further from the flame. I have yet to try this but there is a weekend coming up and Fae insists that she does not cookon weekends!! She has a good life.
Got some prices on tyres the other day, don’t they vary and for the same tyres too! Settled on some 225x70/R15 at $158.80 fitted and balanced, light truck with a load rating of 1150kg and speed rating of 180kph. Should just do the trick I recon. I will have to replace the bearings before we start off as the wheels have not turned for around two years (they might be stuck) Still it will be easier to replace them now than on the side of the road somewhere.
Take care all

No comments: